A bike storage shed is a place to park your bike safely. It help you protect your bike from theft and makes it secure. The shed also helps in keeping all the other stuff related to bike like repair equipment etc. You can store bike tyres, safety gear, helmets and other items for safe keeping. The bike is going to last long if you protect it from rain and shine. If the bike is exposed to sun and rain, it will deteriorate fast and lose its life span.
Materials needed for bike shed
Bike shed can be built using various materials. You have the wide choice of the material. Each has their advantages and disadvantages.
– Metal – Metal sheds are long lasting and are strong even if they don’t look elegant. They protect the bike better as it is difficult to break into the metal shed.
– Plastic – To make it more secure you have to choose expensive plastics which are stronger. The advantage of plastic sheds is they offer low maintenance and is easy to set up.
– wood – Wooden sheds deteriorate if you don’t take proper care. It requires more maintenance and is expensive. However, it blends well with the landscape and the surrounding garden.
How to choose the right bike shed?
– Plan the space properly so that space is optimum to keep the bike and other related materials. The right features built into the shed can help you even when the shed is small.
– Consider the option to go for ready-made sheds. Instead of building from scratch you can even buy a pre-constructed shed. However, if you want a customized option, it is better to construct on your own.
– Consider the bike price and cost of other materials so that you don’t spend more money for shed than the worth of materials that you want to protect.
Choose the bike shed after proper research. If planned well, it can not only protect your bike but also provide a lot of other benefits like extra storage to keep other materials in the house.